Discovering ASLAN: High King above all Kings in Narnia
A devotional commentary on The Lion of Judah
High King above all Kings in Narnia
A devotional commentary on The Chronicles of Narnia.
7 chapters – each chapter explores one of the 7 Narnia books.
eBook immediately available
Basic and Gift editions in paperback
He is the High King above all kings, the King of kings and Lord of lords.
He is the son of the Great Emperor beyond the sea, beyond the world. He spoke and sang before the creation of the world and brought the world into being.
He commands legions of creatures and people in many worlds. Some creatures loyal to him may seem strange to us, and many of them fly. They worship him and serve him wholeheartedly.
His word is always true. You can depend on him totally. He never lies.
He appears unexpectedly and makes things right. He gave his life to conquer evil and ransom the guilty rebel. He rose again by dawn and appeared first to loving, caring young women.
He has enemies in this world and in other worlds but he defeated them and they are doomed. They tremble at the sound of his name.
All who trust in him are forgiven and set free. He breathes life into hearts of stone. His breath gives life.
He reveals himself to all who choose to follow and obey him, and the more they know him the more they love him. The more you know him the bigger he becomes to you. He loves with unending love.
He chose Peter to lead under his authority and to reign with his royal family. They failed him at times, as we all do, but he always sets things right when anyone asks for his help, trusts him and follows him.
He has all authority in this world and in other worlds. Multitudes love and serve him now and forever. You can talk to him now and always.
He is the subject of this book and many other books. He calls you to respond to him, to believe in him, to love him and to live for him.
He is the Lion of Judah.
* A remarkable work – quite unique
This is a remarkable work and something quite unique that I’ve not come across before (and believe me I’ve seen most ideas). There is a huge appetite for devotional type books and I’m sure that this one will appeal to many people. Russ Burg (USA)
* Most wonderful devotional from Narnia
One of the most interesting devotionals ever! As a huge fan of all things Narnia, I am so grateful for this deeper aspect of the truths in C.S. Lewis’ stories. Geoff Waugh did a great job in crafting such a book as this. What a wonderful addition to any collection, and an inspiration to know Jesus more deeply. Belinda S. (Amazon Customer)
* You can read the Narnia tales as just good stories, but CS Lewis wanted people to see more. This book will help you see the many links with Jesus, the Lion of Judah. Use this to enhance your wonder and love of Christ. Rev Dr John Olley (Perth, Australia)
* Fantastic, thought provoking read. Melissa Waugh (Sydney, Australia)
* Great study that gives a deeper understanding of Christianity. Would make a great home group Bible study. Lyn Haack (Manilla, Australia)
* An unusual and fascinating book
Geoff Waugh explores fascinating layers of meaning in C. S. Lewis’s children’s classic. Aslan, the triumphant lion, is revealed as a reflection of Jesus. The book includes devotional meditations using Bible references. (Amazon Customer)
* Worth your time – rich teaching
Whether you are familiar with Narnia teachings, or this is new to you, Geoff Waugh faithfully puts together the many layers of meaning in the meanings of the Lion Aslan as portrayed in each of the books of the series. This is a great companion when you read, and is a stand-alone teaching on the depths of teaching that C.S. Lewis weaves into Aslan’s character. Definitely worth your time. Steve Loopstra (USA)
* I like it. I especially like the simplicity of expression. These days, with surface thoughts the order of the day, to be guided to look for depth of thought is an invaluable prompt to search for satisfying meaning. Lilian Fleming (Sydney, Australia)
* As a child I fell in love with the classic children’s book “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe” by C.S. Lewis. It is good that it seems just as popular today. Yet many people miss the deeper references Lewis constantly alludes to in the plot of this book. This is where the book by Geoff Waugh proves to be an invaluable companion. He shows how at nearly every step the hidden story Lewis was alluding to takes shape. If you are not familiar with the Christian background details you will be endlessly fascinated. Rev Philip Waugh (Springwood, Australia)
* Everything he writes is good! Myrna Moore (Amazon Customer)
BLOGS INDEX 1: REVIVALS (BRIEFER THAN REVIVALS INDEX)
BLOGS INDEX 2: MISSION (INTERNATIONAL STORIES)
BLOGS INDEX 3: DEVOTIONAL (INCLUDING TESTIMONIES)
BLOGS INDEX 4: CHAPTERS (BLOGS FROM BOOKS)
BLOGS INDEX 5: IMAGES (PHOTOS AND ALBUMS)